Job title: Website Designer
Reporting to: Lead Developer
Hours: Full time – 6 Days (48 hours per week)
Location: Main office – 2nd Floor, Braham Court, State House Avenue, Nairobi.
Kenya website designers is looking for a web designer who will be responsible for developing websites for our clients.
Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas for client websites, as well as creating visual elements that are in line with our clients’ branding. You will be working closely with our web development team to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have excellent visual design skills and be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
Web Designer Responsibilities
As a web designer, you’ll need to:
- Meet clients to identify their needs and liaise regularly with them
- Draw up detailed website specifications
- Design sample page layouts including text size and colors
- Design graphics, animations and manipulate digital photographs
- Register web domain names and organize the hosting of the website
- Present initial design ideas to clients
- Carry out coding using a variety of software
- Work with different content management systems
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Meet relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy
- Design the website’s visual imagery and ensure it’s in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- Proofread content and make changes where necessary
- Edit content, debug code and re-design web pages
- Work with other web specialists, including web developers and graphic designers
- Liaise with outside agencies
- Test the website to ensure it’s working
- Hand the completed website over to the client
- Provide post-sales technical support</li
- Train the clients’ staff
- Research current design trends
- Undertake continuing professional development (CPD) activities to keep up to date with new software developments.
Web Designer Requirements:
- A relevant degree/diploma in a related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Proficiency in Content management system (CMS) – especially WordPress
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply, submit a dully filled form on the right and attach the required documents.
Application Deadline: 24th September 2021